Wednesday 11 April 2012

Why Blog?

I know there are thousands of blogs out there about Baby Led Weaning.  So why one more?  Mainly I wanted to record my baby's journey.  I also think that despite all the info out there people want to know more.  My most popular blog post in my main blog (The Secret Life of Kate) is an article about starting BLW.

Since Baby M was about 3 months old I would get asked questions about weaning. Normally: when are you going to try her on baby rice/ porridge etc.  I knew from quite early on I wanted to do Baby Led Weaning so I held out until I knew Baby M was ready.

Babies all take to food at different speeds.  Some show no interest until they are 8 or 9 months old, Baby M wanted my food from about 3 months.  Finally at 5 1/2 months she started throwing tantrums if I took away the food she had stolen off my plate and put in her mouth.  This more than anything else was what persuaded me that she was ready.  From her first meal she was able to swallow some food (as I discovered when I saw her dirty nappy), but not all babies take to it so quickly.

Through this blog I want to record my babies journey and answer some of the most common questions like: "aren't you worried she'll choke?" and "How do you start?"

BUT

I am not an expert, I have no qualifications or training in nutrition.  My knowledge comes from reading Gill Rapley & Tracey Murkett's books (Baby Led Weaning and The Baby Led Weaning Cookbook), observing my baby, and talking to other mums.
Warning: tomato sauce stains EVERYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment