Wednesday 11 April 2012

A selection of foods from Week 1

To start with I gave Baby M quite simple foods to see how she would handle them: fruit, sweet potato, toast and egg. Some meals I gave her just one thing, other meals a selection. The first meal I gave her something she seemed to enjoy it, but when I gave her the same thing at another meal she didn't always seem interested.

On two occasions Baby M seemed to be in pain several hours after eating: after the kiwi and the strawberry.  I avoided giving her these foods again for a week or 2 (she had no problems when I reintroduced them).

I gave her 3 meals a day from the beginning and continued to breastfeed on demand. After a couple of days she seemed to drop feeds during the day and spend a lot of time feeding at night, obviously this wasn't ideal for either of us to get sleep so I dropped a couple of meals for a few days to up her milk feeds. When I reintroduced the 3 meals she took most of her milk feeds during the day as normal.  


Kiwi

Toast

Toast fingers and a quarter of a hard boiled egg

Roast sweet potato 1
Roast sweet potato 2

Apple

Strawberry: Before and After

Omelette, cut into strips: better worn than eaten

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate
    Your blog is a really great read. We have just started doing BLW with our little lad. I've had the same experience as you recently with him not feeding during the day and being up more at night to feed. So it's good to know that we're not alone with this, and will try easing back on the meals during the day to see if this helps.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope it settles down for you soon

      Delete